The Florida High School Mock Trial Competition is an academic competition in which a team of 6-8 students simulate the roles of both attorneys and witnesses in a fictional trial situation. Students have approximately five months to prepare for their roles.
The Mock Trial State Finals Competition will be March 17-19, 2016 in Orlando, Florida.
Note: None of the changes to the case packet are a proactive decision of the Mock Trial Committee. These changes are in reaction to inquiries from multiple teams from throughout the state. Every question posed from throughout the state is sent to the committee and if they decide on changes, we send those to the teams immediately upon receipt of the revised case packet. Some issues do not even arise until teams are fine-tuning the case or have performed the case in a local competition.
- On page 16, Line 55 has been updated to read, "I was talking to Jordan in the hallway and I told her/him that s/he needed to keep an eye on Logan."
- The exhibit list on page 8 has been edited to properly reflect exhibits D and E on pages 40 and 41.
- Stipulation 7 has been changed to read, "Dr. Taylor Kelly and Dr. Sawyer Flagler are qualified expert witnesses and can testify to each other's statements and relevant information they would have reasonable knowledge of from other witness statements."
- On page 7, the dates listed in Count I of the charging document have been changed.
- On page 14, lines 136-141 have been updated.
- On page 26, lines 124-126 have been updated.
- On page 42, the appropriate date was added to the document.
- On page 9, stipulations 14, 15, and 16 have been added.
- Exhibit F, which begins on page 42, has been edited. The primary edit/addition is on page 44.
- On page 48, there is an addition under cyberstalking in the jury instructions.
The Florida Law Related Education Association, Inc. offers a wide variety of law related and civic education training opportunities.
National level training programs are available as well. Check under links to access other training opportunities.
Below you will find previous years' cases for your use. These resources may be put to good use as practice tools or educational materials.
Harper Sanders v. Everglade Computers, Inc. & Chartech Tech Services, Inc.
State of Florida v. Jesse Davis
State of Florida v. Regan Buschell
State of Florida v. Jesse Woodson
Young v. Gardner
State of Florida v. Chris Byrd
Cameron Duncan v. Robin Hightower
State of Florida v. Marla Manning
Sal Lantro v. Gates County School Board
State of Florida v. Jamie Olsen
State of Florida v. Toni Menendez
Mock Trial Videos